Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Becoming a Virtual Assistant - again

Becoming a Virtual Assistant - Phase 2

Why do I have to become a virtual assistant again?

It is a year since I posted and a lot has happened. The barn we live in is almost complete, I have a dog and I managed not to kill myself - as in take a bottle of pills.

Seems I had the magic combination of Trigeminal Neuralgia and a tooth abscess for over 3 years and it almost got me (without the pills). My body is just coming round and I am learning to work longer and longer hours each day. The pain is now tolerable so here I am - starting again and taking my own advice.

We never know what is round the corner. To this end I have started to write everything down and make notes of the more complex work I do. This is not necessarily just my clients work. I have another business and would like my husband to be able to carry that on if anything happened to me. It works automatically now but will get much more complex in the near future.

I get what I now call 'jelly brain'. Now this is dire as I cannot do anything or remember anything. If I write down what I am doing and what is the next step, not only am I making an instructions manual that can be followed by anyone including myself but next time I have to do this (and there will be a next time) I will have all the URL's clickable and the time that will save will be enormous.

I will also keep a copy of this manual off site to protect it from disaster here. The manual will be printed and electronic.

I got rid of most of my jelly brain by doing a 30 day course - every day of August. I would not allow myself to be left out of our team so I retrained my brain to work. The course is the Thirty Day Challenge and if you do a search on Google you will quickly find it. If you want to learn how the Internet really works and not have to pay for a top notch course, then I suggest you give it a go.

I have written a new newsletter course and the newsletter is now a more regular update on all aspects of Becoming a virtual assistant. The link is http://www.iceni-it.co.uk.

See you there some time. Di

No comments: